Re: Cygwin problems

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 14:27, yyyyy50@hotpop.com wrote:

> I downloaded insight-6.1, built and installed it into /usr/local, no
> changes to configure or anything, just:
> $ cd insight-6.1 ; ./configure && make
> ... as root (Administrator under cygwin):
> # cd ~user/insight-6.1 ; make install

6.1 is hosed. There have been patches to gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-register.c
to fix the internal-error. Get them.

I believe there is an error in the toplevel configure (src/configure.in)
which causes insight not to be built on cygwin. I haven't had the time
to chase down the exact problem (it works on linux, but not cygwin).

Nonetheless, I think the following patch will fix it. Apply to
src/configure.in and regenerate configure. You should now see an
"insight" executable.

Keith

PS. Please understand the insight is a bit screwed up right now. It is
nearing completion of a long-awaited official FSF contribution. When
that happens, things should get a lot better.