RE: insight/133: Remote debugging errors

The following reply was made to PR insight/133; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Christopher Dow <cdow@sonicblue.com>
Cc: "'insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com'" <insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: RE: insight/133: Remote debugging errors
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:53:37 -0800 (PST)

 On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Christopher Dow wrote:

 > When I tried that using Cygwin->Linux or Linux->Linux (using localhost:10001
 > as the port), it printed the message "Remote debugging using <name>:10001",
 > then never gave a prompt, and failed to come back at all.  Odd.

 Then this is definitely a backend bug. Here's what I would recommend...

 First, search the gdb mail archives to see if someone else has had this
 problem. If you find nothing, then I would capture the output of a gdb
 session (or cut and paste it) and either send it to gdb@sources.redhat.com
 (or submit a bug at http://sources.redhat.com/gdb). There are many more
 backend developers than gui developers.

 (You might want to add "set debug remote 1" to your session, too, for the
 gdb folks. This will give them real insight into the problem. (No pun
 intended!)

 Keith