Scwm-0.99.2 pre-release available!

After a long two days updating Scwm for guile-1.3.2 and learning a lot
about RPM and packaging of code, I've finally got Scwm-0.99.2 about
ready for release.

A pre-release trial version of Scwm is available only via ftp from:

ftp://upintheair.cs.washington.edu/pub/scwm

See the README file there for details about the directory structure.
Much of my time in the last two days has been spent trying to make
installing Scwm via RPMs on RH6 x86 GNU/Linux a breeze-- the RPMS
directory of the above ftp archive contains all that you need to make
installing Scwm with all the bells and whistles on a Redhat6-based x86
system as easy as grabbing all those files and then:

rpm -Uvh --nodeps {guile,guile-devel}-*.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh {guile-gtk,GTL,cassowary,scwm-icons,scwm}-*.i386.rpm

The RPMS I've built include guile-1.3.2, guile-gtk, and lots more.  It
will install a version of Scwm complete with the very-spiffy and
finally-usable constraint solver (complete with user interface --- try
it by choosing "Turn on Constraint Solver" from the main menu).

Please let me know about build and install difficulties.  I expect to
make the real 0.99.2 release early next week after getting some feedback
on this pre-release.

Please note that the default system.scwmrc is now (basically) the old
gjb.scwmrc.  I highly recommend that you at least play with Scwm a bit
using that configuration instead of your configuration as you might
otherwise miss out on some nifty features of Scwm that I'm a bit too
tired to explain right now.  (See the NEWS file in the distribution for
details).

Enjoy!

Greg J. Badros
gjb@cs.washington.edu