Symbol slots

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj-pc.nada.kth.se> writes:

> The use of symbol properties in syncase.scm is correct also in the new
> system.  I *wanted* primitive-syntax to be a global property of the
> symbol, regardless of the context.

In this case I have to re-introduce msymbols and symbol slots.
However my point of view is that using global symbol properties is at
least dangerous.  For example you may want to create a private
environment to map symbols to your own values---something like

(define keyword-environment (make-finite-environment))
(environment-define keyword-environment 'set! 12)
(environment-ref keyword-environment 'set!) -> 12
(environment-ref (the-environment) 'set!) -> primitive syntax set!

Mabe we can use object properties or location tags instead of
global symbol properties?

Jost