Re: [Help-gsl] stepping down as maintainer

2012/2/3 Brian Gough <bjg@gnu.org>:
> Hello. It's time for me to step down as maintainer of GSL. ?If anyone
> wants to take over the role please contact maintainers@gnu.org.

Hello Brian:

Thank you very much for you effort during these years. I would like to
help to maintain GSL in the near future, but I have lots of doubts.
First of all, I know C programming language (I've contributed the BLAS
error checking to GSL), but I have no idea about autotools. I don't
think that I could be the principal maintainer but I could help in
some things. Which are the principal tasks of a maintainer of GSL?
What is the real status of GSL? Apparently the library is stable and
only needs bug fixing.

Cheers

José Luis García Pallero
jgpallero@gmail.com