Re: some general questions

Hello,

On 10/14/2009 10:57 PM, Brian Gough wrote:

I don't think this is a problem for machine solution. It's up to
us to decide how the thing is organized. What depends on what,
which parts are foundational, and which parts are built on
top of those? Then we should organize the code so it
expresses that.

I was just thinking that it's not always obvious what the dependencies are. For example, the special functions depend on linear algebra (through the Mathieu function, which needs to compute some eigenvalues) and there may be some other cases like that.

ode-initval is another example. None of the explicit methods are dependent on linear algebra, while implicit methods are. Would we need to split the code in this case?

--
Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi
http://iki.fi/tuomo.keskitalo