Does GSL contains any method to calculate principal eigen vector?

I need a function with following detail.
Principal eigen vector calculator?????????????

Description -
Function calculates only principal eigen vector and maximum eigen value of the input matrix.

Use -
Such functions are very useful in network research areas. Where we have to deal with sparse matrices and sometimes researchers are required to calculate only principal eigen vector of the input general network traffic matrix or network traffic correlation matrix.

Query - May I know any available method for this purpose in GSL?

Additionally request - I also want to discuss scope of such function with usability and applicability. As I am working in the field of machine learning based data mining, on looking my present state of prototypes, I feel i can contribute something in development of such function but for that I need guidance. Can anyone give?

Thanks and Best regards-
Ashish Negi