Re: simplicity vs. efficiency of algorithms in GSL

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 23:28:58 Gerard Jungman wrote:
> Here's the way I see it. Anybody who uses lapack already
> faces this problem; if you want to use lapack, you have
> to get your ducks lined up in columns at the start.
[snip]
> Are these problems best solved as part of a general
> "interface to fortran", or are they specific to
> matrix operations? Is any of this addressed in
> the new fortran standard (fortran-2003 apparently
> has specific standardization for inter-language
> support, including stuff like passing structs
> back and forth, but I don't know the details).

F2003 Standard (final draft):
http://www.j3-fortran.org/doc/year/04/04-007.pdf

-- 8< --
15.2.5 Interoperability of array variables"

NOTE 15.18
For example, a Fortran array declared as
	INTEGER :: A(18, 3:7, *)

is interoperable with a C array declared as
	int b[][5][18]
-- 8< --

Does this help?

	Daniel