Re: simplicity vs. efficiency of algorithms in GSL

Robert G. Brown wrote:

If there is a draft version of the standard, it would probably be GOOD to implement it in something like GSL, as IMO "problems" with the proposed standard are likely to surface only in widespread use anyway. It it actually were implemented (even as a sort of "beta" form, clearly announced as such) before they do finish the final version, we might be able to comment on or resolve any emergent problems in time to get solutions into the standard.

I am in complete agreement. I would not only like to see GSL get it right, I would like to see LAPACK get it right.

--Jim Amundson