seeking highly efficient caches scheme for demanding engineering computing?

Asking for my friend...

seeking highly efficient caches scheme for demanding engineering computing?

HI all,

To same the time of costly function evaluation, I want to explore the
possibility of caching.

Suppose in millions of calls to the function evaluation, there are some
computations, in which only a portion of the parameters change, others
remain the same as the parameters that are used in some other function
evaluations some time before. To save time, I can group the varying
parameters into sub-groups, and cache the results for later use. This needs
a highly efficient cache and a efficient organzation and look-up. Also, the
decision of whether a group of parameters has been seen before should be
based on data trunk in binary form, instead of decimal formats, so I can
compare memory data trunks directly using memory comparison.

Does anybody have good suggestions and pointers on this approach?

Thanks!