Re: [gsl] gsl_matrix_size_t ?

James Bergstra writes:
 > Do you think it would be appropriate to add size_t to the list of types
 > for which gsl_matrix and gsl_vector are defined?
 >
 > I find it convenient to use matrices of indices... and using any of
 > uint, ulong causes frustration when switching between architectures
 > because the native index type has a vary-ing size!

It is a good point, and a slight oversight in the current design that
it is not possible.

We probably want some type of general index-mapping object, which
could perhaps also handle sparse matrices.  I will have to think about
it for a while.

 > PS. Thank you for your link to MSL :)  But, could you mention that it is
 > also for signal processing and machine learning?

Thanks, I've added the extra information.  The performance extensions
originally caught my eye... some nice ideas there.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,
Publishing Free Software Manuals --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/