Re: new release candidate (gsl-1.5.90)

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 06:13:19PM +0000, Brian Gough wrote:
> Dirk Eddelbuettel writes:
>  > A new Debian release was just uploaded, it includes 'make check'. Results
>  > from the other Debian build architecures will trickle in over the next few
>  > hours to days -- see http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=gsl
>
> Thanks.
>
> I don't know if your build system is configurable but if the output
> from "make check" was piped into "grep -C5 -v '^PASS:' it could be
> much shorter while still allowing any errors to be found.  That is
> generally what I use to look at the log output.

debian/rules is a Makefile, so I should be able to replace the simple

	     [...]

	     test:   test-stamp
	     test-stamp: build-stamp
	             -$(MAKE) check
	     	     touch test-stamp

	     [...]

which something like

	     test:   test-stamp
	     test-stamp: build-stamp
	             -$(MAKE) check > check.log
		     grep -C5 -v '^PASS:' check.log
	     	     touch test-stamp

That would save a few electrons in the stored logs.

Dirk

--
If you don't go with R now, you will someday.
  -- David Kane on r-sig-finance, 30 Nov 2004