gsl_multimin question

Hi,
  I've been trying to use the gsl_multimin* functions to optimize a set
of coordinates. I'm using the BFGS method but after the first iteration
the argument vector  to the function to be minimized becomes NAN. The
function that I am minimizing takes 17 arguments in my current case but
it could take more. Would a large number of parameters affect the
functioning of the minimization function?

The values that are being passed to the function are in the range of 0 -
20 so I'm not sure where a NAN is being generated.

Any pointers would be appreciated

Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi@presidency.com> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
Say it with flowers - give her a triffid