Re: freedom

Gangolf Jobb wrote:

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Gangolf Jobb wrote:

i am not up for a flame war, i am rather looking for a free
numerical library that i can link into my own software without having
to give away my property rights, as one can do with almost all other
scientific information. fsf is against software patents, but the gpl
is nothing better.

As a small contributor to the GSL, I'm very happy that you cannot link it into your own proprietary software. I don't want to share with people that do not share. You write a lot about freedom. Please respect our freedom as GSL developers to not share with free riders and please stop complaining about our choice. We do not bother you with your choice to develop proprietary software.

Fabrice Rossi