Re: newbie - make check for eigen fail

c w wrote:

Hi,
I'm new to linux and gsl at the same time. I am trying to install gsl to my home directory at my uni's server. I managed to get to the make but then when I do make check the test failed in directory called eigen. It said the the hermit (or something like that) didn't give the answer it's expected (nan when the expected one was 0). I tried by deleting eigen and its library from the Makefile.am and everything worked fine until I tried the example for the matrices. It said undefined reference to gsl_matrix_alloc. I also have tried it with bessel function and this one worked fine.

You should be more specific, just send the output of configure, so we can see the machines type and configuration details.
Give compiler output for the undefined reference problem. To fix it use the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH .

Yours, Achim