Re: AM_PATH_GSL problem

Hello Brian

Below I reproduce the configure.in script. I should say that after
some fiddling around, I reran aclocal/automake/autoconf to recreate the
configure script and it fixed the problem.

My understanding was that after the configure script was created, all
the stuff to create it is not needed. Basically, even though I made a
package with make dist, at installation time I had to recreate the
configure script from scratch. So, I do not even know if this is a gsl
related problem or configure or I did something wrong.

Thank you for your help

Lazar

--- Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk> wrote:
> Z F writes:
>  > I have written some code which uses gsl library.
>  > In configure.in which I wrote there is an entry:
>  > AM_PATH_GSL(0.7)
>  >

> Please can you send an example configure.in script which reproduces
> the problem to this list. Thanks.
>
> Brian

--------------------------------

dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.

AC_INIT(libs/wimpil.h)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(wimpil, 0.2.0)
dnl AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

dnl AC_ARG_PROGRAM
AC_PROG_MAKE_SET

dnl Check for which system.
AC_CANONICAL_HOST

dnl Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CPP
AC_PROG_INSTALL
dnl AC_PROG_LN_S
AC_CHECK_TOOL(AR, ar, :)
AC_CHECK_TOOL(RANLIB, ranlib, :)
AC_PROG_RANLIB

dnl Check compiler features
AC_TYPE_SIZE_T
AC_C_CONST
AC_C_INLINE

dnl Checks for libraries and library functions
AC_CHECK_LIB(m, main)
AM_PATH_GSL(0.7)

dnl Checks for header files
dnl Checks for typedefs
dnl Checks for structures
dnl Checks for compiler characteristics
dnl Checks for library functions
dnl Checks for system services

AC_OUTPUT(Makefile libs/Makefile apps/Makefile)