AM_PATH_GSL problem

Hello everybody,

I have written some code which uses gsl library.
In configure.in which I wrote there is an entry:
AM_PATH_GSL(0.7)

to check that the gsl library version.

I have gsl 1.2 installed but after the
configure script is created and ran, I see the output:

checking for GSL - version >= 0.7... no

and also the Makefile which is generated by the configure has
definition
LIBS = -lm  -lgslblas

which I do not understand (there is no libgslblas.a file in /usr/lib)
and output of gsl-config --libs is
-L/usr/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
which is correct as far as I understand. Where does -lgslblas come
from?
I do not know if this is the autoconf/automake problem or my mistake or
gsl is not configured somehow.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

Lazar