Re: Multidimension root finding

Volford Andras writes:
 > I'm using the gsl library.
 >  I have the following problem in multidimension root finding:
 >  After the first iteration the x vector becomes 'nan'.  Is there
 > any possibility to step into the calculations and see what may
 > cause this problem?  Do I need the developer version?

Hi,
You'll need to run your program under the debugger.

You didn't mention which version of GSL you are using but you can ask
on the gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com list about how to link to the
debugging version of the library.  On Unix the library is compiled
with debugging symbols by default.

regards
Brian Gough