Re: 0.9.4 check failure

Rodney Sparapani writes:
 > I had one GSL 0.9.4 check failure for Mac OS 10.1 w/ GCC 2.95.2.  I combed
 > through the output and I only found one suspect, although, it actually
 > said PASS:
 >
 > PASS: filip gsl_fit_multilinear cov11 (313354 observed vs 313353 expected)
 > FAIL: test
 > ===================
 > 1 of 1 tests failed
 > ===================

Hmmm, a pass is a pass, the numbers don't need to identical, just
within a tolerance.  There may be a segmentation fault which is not
visible when running from make check. Can you run the ./test program
under the debugger, thanks.

 > On another note, I discovered what the problem was with the truncated file
 > names.  It turns out that gzip and tar are fine, but StuffIt Expander 6.5
 > does not recognize names longer than 31 characters.  This is the default
 > application for most compressed file types, so you have to be careful.
 > Finally, as was the case with 10.0 and 10.04, you must use
 > --disable-shared with configure.  CFLAGS set to -Wno-long-double will save
 > you alot of useless warning messages as well.

Good. I'll mention avoiding Stuffit Expander in the installation notes.

Brian