Root finding for specific polynomials

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any plans to implement optimized GSL
functions for finding roots of specific polynomials, e.g., Legendre
polynomials. It seems to me there might be a place in GSL for
optimized root-finding functions for the special functions.
Certainly there are an abundance of such accelerated techniques
that could be added over time.

Thanks,
Charlie
--
Charlie Zender zender@uci.edu (949) 824-2987/FAX-3256, Department of
Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100