Re: Re[2]: pb compile under borland c++

Emmanuel Chomarat writes:
 > In fact i compile the files into obj. All compile good now. The
 > next step is to make a lib. How to do it, because the above pb is
 > in fact due that in the dir structure root/
 >      >specfunc >randist
 > These two dirs have a file gamma.obj. When i try to add one to the
 > archive(lib) it's good but when i try to add the second i think
 > that there are problem of references because two files have the
 > same name in the lib. Do you think that it is pb? How to deal with
 > it. I have all obj files produced with borland C++ builder, no
 > severe error and i can't produce the lib.

With MSVC++ I was able to link object files from separate directories.
i.e.  it would allow linking of dir1/file.obj and dir2/file.obj into
the same library if the directories were different.

If that does not work maybe you'd have to rename one of the files?
Unfortunately there are many other files with the same names,
e.g. 'init.o', 'oper.o' etc in several directories.  So that probably
would not work either.  Sorry I cannot help more... my knowledge of
this subject is limited.

 > Another little question how to export all functions to make a dll.
 > (in fact i try to use(with some modif,coff2omf,impdef,...)  the dll
 > provided with the gsl-bin0.0.zip file but some functions always
 > don't work( i have a exception about the fact that the memory is
 > read....). Does anyone alreadu heard about this.

DLL's are a mystery to me... if someone can explain how to make them I
would also be interested!  I have only managed to make .lib files so
far.

Brian