Re: compile pb

Emmanuel Chomarat wrote:

>   Can any1 help me to compile GSL, or give some way to investigate in
>   the compilation. In the dist you use automake that is  a great
>   product under unix like system, but i'm not sur that this format is
>   human easy understandable. I'have some problems to make a makefile
>   that will be good with borland c++, and i don't know how to generate
>   makefile(except with cygwin but i think it contains some
>   POSIX particularities that i don't have under borland) .

Hello, I started to make the MSVC projects looking into the Makefile.am files.

And yes those files are human readables ...

I can give you some hints in order to proceed:

- First you have to look into the gsl sources root Makefile.am
    The SUBDIRS variable give you the subdirs to be processed and the order
(from left to right).
    So in every Makefile.am file you can find a SUBDIRS variable or not (in
which case you are in
    a leaf dir).

- GSL is built from leafs to root directory and in every leaf dir is built a
pseudo library,
    and all this leaf libraries are linked together in the root dir (or in gsl
dir I can not remember
    now).

- In every Makefile.am in a leaf dir for building a test program you have
something like:

    bin_PROGRAMS= program1

    program1_SOURCES= source1.c source1.h source2.c source2.h
    program1_LDADD=-llibrary1 -llibrary2

So you can just follow more or less the Makefile.am files in order to now how
to proceed.

On the other hand you can just follow the structure of the Visual C++ projects
files and
use it to construct the borland c++ projects files and then export them to
makefiles (is
this possible?).

I hope to be of any help and not to confuse you more ;-).

Jose Miguel.

Jose Miguel Buenaposada Biencinto
Facultad de Informática                  | Computer Science School
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid  (UPM) | Madrid Tech. University.
Campus de Montegancedo s/n
28660 Boadilla del Monte, Madrid (ESPAÑA)| (SPAIN)
Voice    +34 91 336 69 47
Fax      +34 91 352 48 19
e-mail:  jmbuena@dia.fi.upm.es
web   :  http://www.dia.fi.upm.es/~jmbuena