Re: [Q] compilation error in header files of gsl 0.9

Brian Gough writes:
 > > Then, a lot of warning messages appear as follows:
 > >
 > > c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\gsl\gsl_vector_long_double.h(90) : warning C4190: '<Unknown>' has C-linkage specified, but returns UDT 'gsl_vector_long_double_const_view' which is incompatible with C

The program needs to be compiled with the following option selected,

  Project Settings, C/C++,Category: Customize, Disable Language Extensions.

Without this option I get the same errors as above.  I will add that
to the notes.

However, I found that if I had compiled the program once with the
wrong setting then changing it had no effect (even after selecting
'Build - Clean').  I had to create a NEW workspace with the correct
setting first, and then it compile it.  Then it worked. Maybe it is
something to do with 'precompiled headers'.

The interface to the matrix/vector view functions has changed between
version 0.8 and 0.9, see the manual for details.

 > > So I try to install the gsl-0.9 on linux, however rpm package cannot be installed with message "bjg does not exist.. blah blah..". With tar ball, there also exist error.

Thanks for reporting that I have uploaded a new rpm file to
sources.redhat.com created as root, so it should install properly.

regards
Brian Gough