Re: GPL - long

Nicolai Hanssing writes:
 > I've normally haven't cared about the licenses, but as I'm probally not
 > far off from a real job, the diferences between GPL ang LGPL begins to
 > make a difference.
 >
 > I also do not mind commercial software - money makes the world go round
 > y'know, and I also have a problem with the "Them vs. us"-style used in the
 > why-not-lgpl-document. Free software is an alternative to commercial, and
 > the other way around. I say, let the market decide.

Yes, free software and proprietary software compete in the market,
which is why we don't give our products free to our competitors!

We only give our products free to our end-users, and to application
developers who are in an alliance with us using the GPL.

You can find details of our business plan at

  http://www.gnu.org/gnu/manifesto.html