Re: Proposal for non-malloc versions of block, vector, matrix functions

Brian Gough wrote:

> Yes, that sounds reasonable.  If it is just a question of adding the
> function as in the email then that is pretty straightforward and I can
> do that.  If you have other functions feel free to send me a patch.  I
> will probably want to change the function names to use an "_array"
> suffix which I had in mind for this type of function.

I agree, this seems reasonable. We probably should have
worked harder to make allocation more orthogonal in the
overall design. But doing anything like a global
memory management scheme could easily have complicated things.
A few extra function interfaces seems like a reasonable
compromise at this point.

Still, I think this could have been done better.

--
G. Jungman