Patches to linalg

The attached diff represents some proposed changes to the linalg
directory required to make it usefull with complex numbers. These
changes are NOT tested and should not be included in anything but
developmental source trees.

At this time, as you can see, I don't quite yet have this code ready for
prime time. What I am hoping is that somebody can have a look at this
code and decide if I am on the right track. If I am, I might like to ask
the original designes the odd question to help me to finish up my design
so I can get it ready for inclusion into the production source tree. As
a final note, I would also be willing to ammend the documentation so it
reflects any new changes.

--
Linux, where do you want to go tomorrow?

linalg.diff.gz