Public Domain Items for Possible Inclusion

I recently found your project while trying to find free software for dandom
number generators and
nonlinear curve fits.

I found the desired nonlinear package at

  http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/general/Nlmdl

The code is designed for a curve fit of one set of data which is described
in an input file, but I am in the process of modifying the code to enable
repeated
curve fits of multiple data sets which will be fit to the same model.
The description found with the source leads me to believe the package may be
incorporated into the GSL (which I will be happy to assist with). (Note
that I had no success with the internet site cited in the description, but I
have attempted
e-mail contact.)

Tom Browder

The package is described as:
==============================================>

nlmdl is a C++ implementation of the statistical methods in A. Ronald
Gallant,
"Nonlinear Statistical Models," New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1987, using a
matrix class, realmat, that is distributed with it.  The matrix class may be
of some independent interest.

Updates and bug fixes are available via ftp anonymous at ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu
(128.109.212.20) in directory pub/arg/nlmdl.

Copyright (C) 1990 by A. Ronald Gallant.

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided
that
the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright
notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation.

This software is provided "as is" without any expressed or implied warranty.

---
Professor A. Ronald Gallant        Phone:  919-737-2531
Department of Statistics           FAX:    919-737-7591
North Carolina State University    e-mail: arg@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu
Campus Box 8203                    ftp:    ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu
(128.109.212.20),
Raleigh NC 27695-8203 USA                  user: anonymous, directory:
pub/arg
---