Re: Linear algebra and complex numbers

Sean Johnson writes:
 > How do I include the complex number library in a c program?
 > Also, does it automatically handle complex numbers?

For ordinary complex operations see the complex/ directory and
doc/complex.texi file in CVS. An example program is complex/test.c.

I'm not sure what "automatically" handling complex numbers would be,
if it means using GCC's __complex__ type then no, that is not
supported at the moment.

 > Can I see an example of matrix multiplication with complex numbers?

The plan is to support BLAS operations for complex linear algebra,
with the code in the blas/ subdirectory.  Currently only the Level-1
(vector) and Level-2 (matrix-vector) operations are implemented.  The
Level-3 (matrix-matrix) operations have not been written yet.