Re: IRIX 5.3 has no `long double'

Nearly all the use of long double is through the template macros, so
it is fairly easy to bypass it by modifying the file templates_on.h.

There are a handful of other cases that can be fixed with

  s/long double/double/

none of which are essential but just are places where it is nice to
get some extra precision if it's available.

The long double type is part of the ansi standard, so the $64,000
question is: If the compiler doesn't support it and we work around
that will we get into problems with other non-ansism's?  If the
compiler builds the library cleanly after removing long double then it
would be reasonable to make it optional.