Re: gsl on IRIX 6.5

Thanks for the bug reports.

Toby White writes:
 > qr.c: In function `gsl_linalg_QR_QTvec':
 > qr.c:274: warning: passing arg 1 of `gsl_matrix_column' discards `const' from pointer target type

This warning is safe to ignore for the moment -- it is there because
we don't have a function to return a "const column" or "const row" in
GSL so I have just used the non-const version of the function.  It is
something which I will be fixing shortly.

 > 3) make check flagged several errors (151 to be exact) not
 > shown in KNOWN_PROBLEMS (plus the failure from monte already
 > noted by Steve Robbins); all of them in the ieee-utils
 > directory. I have no idea how serious they are. There is too
 > much to send to the list, so I have extracted all the results
 > from that directory, and put them at

The failures involved denormalized numbers, which have been rounded to
zero.  Presumably denormalized numbers are not supported by that
architecture (looking at the comments in ieee-utils/fp-irix.c suggests
this).  If they are not supported then we can modify the test program
to avoid looking at them.