Re: Win NT/Cygnus problems

This problem doesn't regard GSL at all.
You have installed the new release of the cygwin tools, right?
I think this has to do with endline characters (\n in UNIX, \n\r in
windows): now the default cygwin mounting for the filesystem is binary mode,
while it was different with previous releases.

How to fix it? Assuming you can reinstall cygwin, here there is an hard way
(maybe starting only from the 'tar' step suffice):
1 - unistall cygwin
2 - start regedit
3 - browse the registry for cygwin or mount
4 - remove all the top-most key you found about cygnus/cygwin/mount
5 - reinstall cygwin
tar - tar zxvf gsl.tar.gz
6 - configure
7 - make