Re: Debian; Building shared library version; gsl-histogram bug and patch

  Brian>  We haven't heard much from Mike Booth since he started a new job
  Brian> last year. It would be nice if the debian package could be
  Brian> updated.

Updated packages libgsl0, libgsl0-dev and gsl-bin, all based on the 0.4.1+
from the CVS as of last week, as well as gsl-ref-pdf have just been uploaded
to Debian's Incoming directory.  They should hit the mirrors in due
course. The gsl-ref-pdf package is "new" and might take a little longer.

  Brian>  The bug report for gsl-histogram was forwarded to us, thanks.

Yes, I had noticed later on. I had originally worked with the 0.4.1 tarball
which didn't yet have the patch.

  Brian> Regarding shared libraries, the commands given by Thomas Walter work
  Brian> for me (using automake 1.3, libtool 1.2 and autconf 2.12).

Yes, it worked like a charm for me too. Thanks Thomas!

Regards, Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.