preparing a 0.4.1 release

Dear GSL fans,

The Red Hat 0.6 release will be out some time in the near future, and
it will include GSL.

It would be important to have them incorporate a rather currnet GSL
snapshot, rather than the 0.3something version they are using, so that
packages that use it will use the current complex number API and so
forth.

I might be able to get the Red Hat people to squeeze in a new 0.4.1
release of GSL if we hurry up and put it out the door in a day or two.

The excellent specfunc module is not yet complete, and fails a number
of tests right now, so I have tagged it as "alpha" in the NEWS file.
There are no other test failures right now.

Can anyone else think of show-stopper bugs or urgent documentation
shortcomings that we should take care of before this snapshot?