Re: GNU dlopen(3) differs from POSIX/IEEE

* Carlos O'Donell:

>> ld(1) on a GNU/Linux machine says:
>> ---
>> -z lazy
>>
>> When generating an executable or shared library, mark it to tell the
>> dynamic linker to defer function call resolution to the point when
>> the function is called (lazy binding)
>> ---
>
> Note that those man page is part of the linux man pages project and
> are not canonical documentation for the glibc project.

This particular ld manual page seems to be derived from the
ld/binutils Info documentation, which promises the same behavior.

I am not sure what the exact semantics of lazy binding should be.
With IFUNCs, lazy binding is observable, and we know from Fedora's
BIND_NOW experiment that some applications assume that undefined
functions which are never called do not cause any trouble whatsoever.