Re: Slow pthread_create() under high load

     Kaz Kylheku <kaz@ashi.footprints.net>, glibc-linux@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu,
     linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu, mysql@lists.mysql.com, monty@mysql.com,
     Stephen Tweedie <sct@redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: Slow pthread_create() under high load
>
> This is part of a kernel defence mechanism, and yes, it is important to
> do something like this.  If you don't, then a user can create a fork-
> bomb task which continually forks off children, and if the children and
> parent all keep the same credits, then it becomes essentially
> impossible for any other process ever to get scheduled.  It is a _nasty_
> denial-of-service attack, and that's why the kernel has to share the
> scheduling credits out when you fork.

So what you are saying is that we effectively have that behavior which is
called ``process scope scheduling'' for threads. Would this be accurate, or is
it something more ``organic'' in between process scope and system scope?