LinuxThreads questions...

Hi all,

According to clone(), the signal handlers are cloned. However, my tests
demonstrate that itimers do not appear to be. I'm writing performance
tools on various platforms, and on other machines, SIGPROF is delivered
to any bound thread in the process. On Linux, the itimer must be
registered for each thread in order to have the desired effect. So I
have two options to get this to work:

1) Hack the kernel to clone the timers. This is ugly, I already have a
big enough patching adding support for hardware counters. I'd rather not
touch any of the task handling code.

2) Be able to detect anytime someone does a pthread_create() or a
clone()?

Linux doesn't seem to have any kernel mechanism to detect new threads
(like IRIX atsproc()) or weak thread initialization symbols (like Unicos
__thr_init())

Any ideas? There must be a way to do this...

Thanks for any help,

-Phil