Re: Upgrading glibc and egcs at the same time

    > So I think we should now start distributing glibc 2.1.

    Bit late for that, some major distributions such as RedHat did, as of
    three months ago.

I asked the glibc maintainers to release a fixed version quickly, but
while they did find a one-line fix in a week or two, they didn't
release a fixed version of libc until much later.  And when that was
done, they didn't tell me.

I wish all this had all been done more quickly.
But it turns out that it did get done as of a month ago;
it is just that the web pages have not been updated.