This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug regex/14780] [PATCH] handle malloc() and realloc() failures in regcomp()
- From: "bugdal at aerifal dot cx" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 16:50:01 +0000
- Subject: [Bug regex/14780] [PATCH] handle malloc() and realloc() failures in regcomp()
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-14780-131 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #8 from Rich Felker <bugdal at aerifal dot cx> ---
If regcomp() returned failure, passing the regex to regfree() is invalid, so
crashes there would not be a bug. In any case, the memory leaks are a bug and
should be fixed.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.