This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/12674] sem_post/sem_wait race causing sem_post to return EINVAL
- From: "michael.ballantyne at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 20:21:02 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/12674] sem_post/sem_wait race causing sem_post to return EINVAL
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-12674-131 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #14 from Michael Ballantyne <michael.ballantyne at gmail dot com> ---
I've also run into this bug. Appears to be the cause of random failures in our
scientific computing framework's parallel back end that have kept us from
declaring it production ready for quite some time.
I reproduced in debian jessie with eglibc 2.17.
I've attached an even simpler test-case for purposes of reproducing in gdb
(simple.c). Gdb instructions below.
set target-async 1
set pagination off
set non-stop on
# half-finish the sem-post
b *(sem_post+18) thread 2
# run the sem_wait, destroy, and trash memory
b free thread 1
# finish the sem_post and get an error
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.