This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/9854] glibc opens up new tty to print *** %n in writable segment detected ***
- From: "kees at outflux dot net" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 11 Sep 2009 20:02:59 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/9854] glibc opens up new tty to print *** %n in writable segment detected ***
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From kees at outflux dot net 2009-09-11 20:02 -------
glibc attempts to write to the controlling terminal, in the hopes that it will
be noticed at the highest possible level. Especially since a process may have
closed its stderr already.
To explicitly disable this and try to write to fd 2, you can set the environment
variable LIBC_FATAL_STDERR_=1 (yes, there is a trailing underscore in the
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.