This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB Manual section 18.5.1
- From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- To: "Nick Savoiu via gdb" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Nick Savoiu <savoiu at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:31:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: GDB Manual section 18.5.1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tuesday, March 26 2019, Nick Savoiu via gdb wrote:
> The above mention section mentions that one can issue commands such as
> set index-cache on
> to control index caching. I'm using GDB 8.2.1 (the latest version released) but this command errors out
> Reading symbols from a.out...done.
> (gdb) set index-cache on
> No symbol "index" in current context.
> Using 'help set' also does not seem to list index-cache.
> Am I doing something wrong or is the documentation out of sync?
If you're using the online documentation, it is generated from the git
master branch. I can use the "set index-cache" command on master, but
it's not available for 8.2.1.
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF 31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36
Please send encrypted e-mail if possible