This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
GDB Manual section 18.5.1
- From: "Nick Savoiu via gdb" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- To: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 18:27:13 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: GDB Manual section 18.5.1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Nick Savoiu <savoiu at yahoo dot com>
The above mention section mentions that one can issue commands such as
set index-cache on
to control index caching. I'm using GDB 8.2.1 (the latest version released) but this command errors out
Reading symbols from a.out...done.
(gdb) set index-cache on
No symbol "index" in current context.
Using 'help set' also does not seem to list index-cache.
Am I doing something wrong or is the documentation out of sync?