Re: Command to break before exiting stack frame?

On 2019-03-16 20:00, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Mär 16 2019, Justin Paston-Cooper <paston.cooper@gmail.com> wrote:

I can't imagine that I am the first person to suggest or request this. Are there any architectural or practical reasons as to why this is might be
difficult?

There may not even be a place where the frame is exited in the current
function due to tail call.  Also, inline literal pools or jump tables
can result in false positives when searching for return insns.

Andreas.

I suppose that the list of all function exit points (regardless of whether it is a jump or real return) is an information that the compiler could theoretically produce and encode in the DWARF information?

Simon