From: Metzger, Markus T
Date: 2019-03-02 01:32
To: jjren@hxgpt.com; gdb
Subject: RE: question of watchpoint
The question is what the underlying hardware does.  On IA, the watchpoint is evaluated on the linear (virtual) address, so you wouldn't get an exception when modifying the memory via the other mapping.

Markus.

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, , Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich