Re: "finish" command leads to SIGTRAP

It's something to do with the nature of single stepping through a "popfq"
instruction. Given the following instructions:

   0x7fffe104638f:    add    $0x8,%rsp
   0x7fffe1046393:    popfq
   0x7fffe1046394:    pop    %rbp
   0x7fffe1046395:    jmpq   *%rax

If I set a breakpoint at the first of that set and single step through, I
end up with:

eflags         0x346    [ PF ZF TF IF ]

but if I set a breakpoint on the last instruction and avoid single stepping
I get:

eflags         0x246    [ PF ZF IF ]

and I think it's that TF that is causing the SIGTRAP?

--

David Griffiths, Senior Software Engineer

Undo <https://undo.io> | Resolve even the most challenging software defects
with software flight recorder technology

Software reliability report: optimizing the software supplier and customer
relationship
<https://info.undo.io/software-reliability-report-optimizing-supplier-and-customer-relationship>