Re: Buildling gdb on Ubuntu 18.04

On 2019-01-31 01:22, Ömer Sinan Ağacan wrote:
Which bug are you referring to? Is it something know and documented in
Bugzilla?

I don't of if any of these are documented in Bugzilla, but

- gdb sometimes prints more than one newline after a record. According to
  section 27.2.2 there should be only one newline.

Oh, can you give a sequence of commands that triggers this?

- According to 27.2.2 a sequence of records result records should come after out-of-band record, but I sometimes get a sequence like [out-of-bound,
  result, out-of-bound].

I am not sure about the pedantic accuracy of the grammar for this, but I guess it works because the last out-of-band record can be considered as before the next result record, that has not yet arrived. The idea is that out-of-band records can happen pretty much at any time (and they are not necessarily related to the command you happen to have just issued previously).

- According to 27.2.2 a sequence of records should terminate with "(gdb)\n" or
  "(gdb)\r\n", but I get "(gdb) \n".

We should check how old versions behaved, but I would guess that in this case it's the documentation that is wrong, and should include the space. Would you mind sending a patch for this?

- Most annoyingly, when I add a breakpoint to a location that corresponds to multiple locations in the source code (so it leads to adding more than one
  breakpoint), the mi syntax gdb prints looks like this

      =breakpoint-created,bkpt={...},{...},{...}

which is not valid because a "result" should look like `x=y` so stuff after
  the first "result" (`bkpt={...}`) are not actually results.

This last one is the one I aim to fix in

  https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2019-01/msg00427.html

Can you check if the proposed output makes sense to you?

Simon