Re: Buildling gdb on Ubuntu 18.04

On 2019-01-30 10:12, Ömer Sinan Ağacan wrote:
Actually it's not undefined, I see this in the file

    /* Define as the return type of ptrace. */
    #define PTRACE_TYPE_RET long

Do I need to include config.h in a file maybe?

config.h should already be included wherever necessary. I am a bit at loss here. GDB should build fine using these standard steps in most situations:

git clone git://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git
cd binutils-gdb
./configure
make

I just tried these commands in an Ubuntu 18.04 Docker container, and it built fine. Note that to make sure to have all necessary dependencies required to build GDB, you can use "apt-get build-dep gdb" on Debian/Ubuntu (to be able to use "build-dep" in a docker container, you need to uncomment the "deb-src" lines in /etc/apt/sources.list and do an "apt-get update"). The versions of all the build tools in Ubuntu 18.04 are expected to work, so there should be no need to build bison or anything from source.

Simon