This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: jit interface and jit reader
- From: Frank Tetzel <s1445051 at mail dot zih dot tu-dresden dot de>
- To: Tony Simpson <agjasimpson at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:32:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: jit interface and jit reader
- References: <20190118115004.1a51eefc@archvm> <20190121145310.36158a70@archvm> <CAKJTP-QQ5MTzQnZeQze3XcDNoKY4kGRPnSpKMu5VgZ_fuQ7=+A@mail.gmail.com>
> I think I ran into the same problem a couple of years ago. I fixed my
> problem here
> I've forgotten the details but I remember I got it working with my
> patch - here is the commit message for
> 3c0e5d45f727d5ef98b681103954820c8fbbd700 Fixes:
> * Named blocks not appearing as functions - can't break on
> * Pending breakpoints on JIT'd code not being resolved;
> * GDB goes into an infinit loop with more than one JIT block in a
> * Unwinder function not being called.
> Hope this helps. Best Regards,
thank you very much. Your patch is still working nearly unchanged. I
just checked for gdb 8.2.1 (dict_create_linear_expandable() takes an
argument now, "language").
Breakpoints are working now, even pending ones. The disassemble command
still does not work. But I haven't checked all the changes you did,
e.g., multiple blocks.
Did you try to upstream your changes?