Re: Minimum kernel and glibc versions to build on GNU/Linux?

On 2018-09-26 10:53, Gary Benson wrote:
Hi all,

Are there specific minimum kernel and glibc versions required to build
GDB or gdbserver on GNU/Linux? I'm working on a refactor that's
complicated by workarounds for ancient versions of both (circa 2002)
and I'm wondering if I can just drop the workarounds.

Cheers,
Gary

Hi Gary,

I'd say that if something was introduced in 2002, we can safely assume it will be available. But it would be easier to tell if you specified which particular feature you would like to rely on.

Simon