Re: Solaris 11 buildbots

Hi Dennis,

>> true, but I happen to have an S7 available for testing.  I simply can't
>> afford buildbots for older Solaris 11 updates, especially given that
>> Solaris 11.3 support will end in the relatively near future.
>
> hrmmm .. yes, I still have S10 systems running on contract and I think
>  'support' will exist for a long long time. At least in the form of
>  security updates. As for 11.4?  Well I'll neet a Netra T4 it seems.

unfortunately not.  As explained here

	https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris/oracle-solaris-10-support-explained
	https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris/solaris-10-extended-support-patches-patchsets-released

beyond January 2018 Solaris 10 support requires a special contract (that
we don't have).  And even so, support will only last until 2021, at
which point at the very latest I'll stop supporting Solaris 10 in gcc
(and accordingly gdb).

Support or no, dealing with Solaris 10 has often been only a nuisance in
recent gcc work; all the more reason to get rid of it in the not too
distant future.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University